Employment in parks and gardens is expected to grow.
This course will qualify you to work in various horticulture roles.
Possible job titles include:
- Horticultural Worker or Assistant
- Gardening Assistant
- Nursery Labourer
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements for an Australian Government Australian Apprenticeship and funded training through Queensland User Choice program; be employed or hosted with an appropriately resourced business workplace and be signed into a valid and registered contract.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
15 units must be completed:
5 core units
10 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- AHCWHS201Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM201Recognise plants
- AHCPMG201Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL202Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCCHM201Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCNSY201Pot up plants
- AHCWRK205Participate in workplace communications
- AHCMOM203Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCNSY203Undertake propagation activities
- AHCNSY202Care for nursery plants
- AHCPGD201Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCPGD203Prune shrubs and small trees
- AHCWRK204Work effectively in the industry
- AHCWRK209Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
After More Information?
Look Now Training helped me find the right employer, while I was still studying
Jenny - Graduate
AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture