This qualification is ideal for anyone looking to enter the horticulture industry working in gardens or public parks:
Possible job titles include:
- Parks and Gardens Tradesperson
- Landscape Gardener
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements for an Australian Government Australian Apprenticeship and funded training through Queensland User Choice program; be employed or hosted with an appropriately resourced business workplace and be signed into a valid and registered contract.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
16 units must be completed:
5 core units
11 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- AHCPCM301Implement a plant nutrition program
- AHCPCM302Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPMG301Control weeds
- AHCWHS301Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCPMG302Control plant pests, diseases, and disorders
- AHCCHM304Transport and store chemicals
- AHCIRG338Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- AHCIRG345Install pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCIRG346Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCLSC301Set out site for construction works
- AHCMOM304Operate machinery and equipment
- AHCPGD301Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCCHM307Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- AHCPGD304Implement a landscape maintenance program
- AHCSOL304Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCWRK209Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices