This course, and associated apprenticeship, broadens your employment opportunities to include larger producers, but also local and international employers.
Possible job titles include:
- Wholesale or retail nursery worker
- Nursery supervisor, manager or owner
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements for an Australian Government Australian Apprenticeship and funded training through Queensland User Choice program; be employed or hosted with an appropriately resourced business workplace and be signed into a valid and registered contract.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
16 units must be completed:
9 core units
7 elective units
* Electives subject to change.
- AHCCHM304Transport and store chemicals
- AHCCHM307Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases
- AHCIRG338Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- AHCNSY308Maintain nursery plants
- AHCPCM305Implement a plant nutrition program
- AHCPCM306Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPMG302Control plant pests, diseases, and disorders
- AHCSOL305Prepare growing media
- AHCWHS301Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCBIO303Apply biosecurity measures
- AHCIRG345Install pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCIRG346Operate pressurised irrigation systems
- AHCNSY309Receive and dispatch nursery products
- AHCSOL203Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCPMG301Control weeds
- AHCNSY313Implement a propagation plan
After More Information?
Look Now Training helped me find the right employer, while I was still studying
Jenny - Graduate
AHC31120 Certificate III in Nursery Operations