Practical skills, hands on experience and varied projects lie ahead.
This course, and associated apprenticeship, broadens your employment opportunities to include larger producers, but also local and international employers.
Possible job titles include:
- Landscape Gardener
- Parks and Gardens Tradesperson.
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students must meet the eligibility requirements for an Australian Government Australian Apprenticeship and funded training through Queensland User Choice program; be employed or hosted with an appropriately resourced business workplace and be signed into a valid and registered contract.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
15 units must be completed:
11 core units
4 elective units
* Electives subject to change.
- AHCDRG301Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC301Set out site for construction works
- AHCLSC302Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCLSC303Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC305Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCPCM302Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCSOL303Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCWHS301Contribute to health and safety processes
- AHCMOM304Operate machinery and equipment
- AHCWRK209Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- AHCPGD201Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCWRK205Participate in workplace communications