Get qualified to work in your community.
Possible job titles include:
- Youth Worker
- Family Support Worker
- Child Safety Support Officer
- School Youth Support officer
- Residential Care Officer
- Community Program Officeer
There are no entry requirements to this qualification.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Please note: Students must complete at least 120 hours of work or vocational placement to be assessed within this qualification.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
16 units must be completed:
10 core units
6 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- CHCCCS006Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCOM002Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDEV001Confirm client developmental status
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCPRT003Work collaboratively to maintain an environment safe for children and young people
- CHCPRT005Work within a practice framework
- HLTWHS001Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS009Facilitate responsible behaviour
- CHCMHS001Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCCCS016Respond to client needs
- CHCFAM003Support people to improve relationships
- CHCMHS007Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCPRT010Work with children and young people with complex trauma and attachment issues and needs