Disability & Aged Care
This short course is for people working in care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop specific medication skills.
Possible job titles include:
- Aged Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid Carers of NDIS participants.
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Additional student eligibility requirements may be published on
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
2 units must be completed:
- HLTAAP001Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTHPS006Assist clients with medication
After More Information?
I learnt so much from this course and have a whole new career now. Thank you!
Teresita Perez - Individual Support Graduate
CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set