Disability & Aged Care
Possible job titles include:
- Aged Care Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Support Worker
- be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid Carers of NDIS participants.
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Additional student eligibility requirements may be published on
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
3 units must be completed:
- CHCAGE001Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011Meet personal support needs
After More Information?
A great experience. I gained employment during my placement hours, before even graduating.
Leonard Ford - Individual Support Graduate
CHCSS00097 Individual Support Ageing Skill Set