Disability & Aged Care
This short course is for people working in care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop specific disability support skills.
Possible job titles include:
- Care Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Personal Care Assistant
- Support Worker
- be working in the Community Services and Health Industry in a role involving provision of direct client care or support.
- already hold CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Additional student eligibility requirements may be published on
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
4 units must be completed:
- CHCDIS001Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
After More Information?
I have learned so much and I am really proud of myself and my career.
Tarabelle - Individual Support Graduate
CHCSS00098 Individual Support Disability Skill Set