Hospitality & Retail
Kick start your career in this in demand industry.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- Bar Attendant
- Café Attendant
- Catering Assistant
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Front Office Assistant
- Room Attendant
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
12 units must be completed:
6 core units
6 elective units *Electives subject to change.
- BSBTWK201Work effectively with others
- SITHIND006Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND007Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXCCS011Interact with customers
- SITXCOM007Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXWHS005Participate in safe work practices
- SITXFSA005Use hygenic practices for food safety
- SITXFIN007Process financial transactions
- SITXCOM006Source and present information
- SITHFAB021Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB025Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB024Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages