This skill set provides the additional skills and knowledge you need to provide person centred support to older people with more complex requirements.
CHCSS00097 Individual Support Ageing Skill Set
About this course
Is this course right for you?
This short course is for people working in care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop specific aging support skills.
Students may benefit from the Higher Level Skills Program funding available for this course.
Each unit will require students to attend 2 x 3 hour in-person workshops.
- be an Existing Worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
- be a Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Additional student eligibility requirements may be published on www.training.gov.au.
This Skill Set consists of three units:
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Meet personal support needs
Assessments are conducted online and during workshops.
Students will need access to a computer with an internet connection.
Credit Transfers are accepted for these skill sets. Please contact us to discuss your credit transfer eligibility.