School Based Traineeships
Our School-Based Traineeships allow students in Years 10, 11 or 12 to work for an employer as a paid employee, and train towards a recognised qualification, while completing high school.
In many cases the qualification achieved through the completion of the traineeship will contribute to or improve your ATAR.
Look Now Training offers School-Based Traineeships in the areas of Retail, Hospitality, Community Services, Individual Support and Horticulture.
Benefits of school-based traineeships:
• The flexibility and variety of this learning approach has enormous value for students who prefer hands-on learning to traditional schooling pathways.
• Students employed as school-based trainees develop workplace skills, knowledge and confidence and have a competitive edge when applying for jobs.
• A school-based traineeship can lead directly to
full-time employment upon graduation.
• Students attain a nationally recognised qualification that counts towards their ATAR.
• School-based trainees are paid while they learn.
• Trainees learn workplace skills, gain confidence, and adapt to a work environment.
A school-based trainee’s employment and/or training arrangements must impact on their school timetable for the program to be considered school-based.
Current School-Based Traineeship Opportunities