The skills and knowledge gained in this course are relevant across a wide range of industries.
Possible job titles include:
- Team Leader
- Line Manager
- Coordinator (Business Operations)
About this course
This qualification has a core focus in workplace relationships and leading and faciliting a team.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Implement operational plans
- Lead effective workplace relationships
Other personal skills you may learn along the way include:
- Emotional intelligence
- Effective communication
- Strong organisational skills
This qualification can be undertaken online or as a Traineeship.
Choosing to study online does not mean studying alone. You will receive guidance from your dedicated trainer, along with support staff committed to ensuring your success. From learning how to navigate your online classroom to providing assessment support, our team will provide the help you need.
Our online learning system guides you through each unit of your course. It’s intuitive and easy to use. Once enrolled, you can familiarise yourself with the online system by watching a guided tour. If you ever do feel a little confused, our support staff can assist.
The student will have assess:
• 30min coaching session for each unit (Teams 365)
• 30 min Practical session (Teams 365)
• Email Support within 24 hours
• Phone Support within working hours (pre-arranged appointment)
There are no entry requirements to this qualification.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer, the internet, Microsoft Office or similar program and also to download Microsoft Teams (free app).
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
12 units must be completed:
5 core units
7 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- BSBLDR411Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBLDR413Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS402Coordinate business operational plan
- BSBXCM401Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBWHS411Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBPEF402Develop personal work priorities
- BSBSTR401 Promote innovation in team environments
- BSBWRT411Write complex documents
- BSBTWK401Build and maintain business relationships