This diploma can guide you into employment or university studies.
The choice is yours.
The Diploma of Business will teach you how to research, analyse and interpret information in a business environment. The practical skills you learn will equip you to effectively market a brand, manage projects strategically and help you become a valued industry business professional.
Possible job titles include:
- Executive Officer
- Human Resources Officer
- Project Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Business owner
Look Now Training has veriﬁed credit arrangements with our partner universities to give graduates course credits towards their university study. By completing this qualification, students can reduce their university studies by up to one year.
University of Sunshine Coast Admission
Look Now Training has a verified pathway with USC that confirms up to 7 courses of credit completion for the Diploma of Business for their Bachelor of Business program, including BBus (IB), BBus (Mgt), BBus (HRM) and BBus (Marketing).
Torrens University Australia Admission
Torrens University confirms 8 course credits for any of their Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Business – Marketing, Bachelor of Business – Sports Management, Bachelor of Business Event Management or Bachelor of Commerce Degrees.* Torrens University also offers a scholarship arrangement for all Look Now Training graduates which reduces the remaining University fees by 15%.
*May differ for specific specialisations within Business and Commerce courses. Graduates will need to follow specific entry processes.
Diploma in School Program
Look Now Training offers students in years 11 and 12 the opportunity to gain a wide range of skills and knowledge for a successful career in business and expand potential professional and educational pathways.
By completing the course in school, students gain an early understanding of the expectations and requirements of business, what it is like to study University type programs, as well as gaining a competitive advantage for tertiary entry.
The completed Diploma will boost your ATAR or equivalent ranking for tertiary course entry.
Universities and other institutions may grant also Recognition of Prior Learning credits for students that complete the Diploma of Business whilst at school.
In addition to gaining a nationally accredited qualification, the Diploma of Business School Program will provide students:
- an understanding of business functions such as economics, marketing, management principles, and customer service.
- specialised knowledge which includes communicating with influence, project work, workforce planning management, and business risk.
- skills relevant across a wide range of industries.
- high-level business capabilities that will enhance your career
The Diploma of Business in School program is delivered face-to-face at your school and is offered in class group and individual modes.
This qualification can be undertaken as a Traineeship.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
12 units must be completed.
5 core units
7 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- BSBXCM501 Lead Communication in the Workplace
- BSBCRT511 Develop Critical Thinking in Others
- BSBFIN50l Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
- BSBOPS501Manage Business Resources
- BSBSUS511 Develop Workplace Policies and Procedures For Sustainability
- BSBTWK503Manage Meetings
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate Recruitment and Onboarding
- BSBTWK502Manage Team Effectiveness
- BSBWHS521Ensure a Safe Workplace for a Work Area
- BSBOPS504Manage Business Risk
- BSBPMG530Manage Project Scope
- BSBMKG541Identify and Evaluate Marketing Opportunities
After More Information?
The Diploma of Business helped me to secure employment with Novotel Twin Waters and gain university entry for next year.
Angus Meares, Graduate 2020.
BSB50120 DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS