Disability & Aged Care
This qualification facilitates individual support roles in aged care as well as home and community settings.
Possible job titles include:
- Aged Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Community House Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Disability Service Officer
- Community Support Worker
- Respite Worker
Students must already hold a CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support and be working in the aged care sector.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Please note: Students must complete 120 hours of work in an aged care facility.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
*Course duration will be reduced by credit transfer of units already completed in CHC33015.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
18 units must be completed:
15 core units
3 elective units * Electives subject to change.
- CHCADV001Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003Co-ordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023Support independence and well-being
- CHCCCS025Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE002Implement falls prevention strategies
- CHCCOM002Use communication to build relationships
- BSBLDR402Lead effective workplace relationships
After More Information?
My fantastic career is all possible because of this course. I certainly recommend it. My life has changed (and so have my finances) and my heart is full.
Benedict Tournier - Individual Support Graduate (Pictured with client Maddy)
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support