Hospitality & Retail
The Hospitality Industry is projected to grow to 20% of the Australian workforce within the next 10 years.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. It provides options for specialisation in areas such as accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- Senior bar attendant
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Function Host
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Room Attendant
No occupational licensing certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Before enrolling, your proficiency in language, literacy and numeracy will be assessed to determine what level of support you may need to assist you through your study program.
Students require access to a computer with an internet connection.
Please note: Non work-based students will be required to complete 36 shifts to complete the unit SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised as prior learning and could help you avoid training in areas you are already competent.
The RPL pathway is available to any learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within the qualification. See the RPL Guide (FAQs) for more information on this process and how to apply.
15 units must be completed:
7 core units
8 elective units *Electives subject to change.
- SITXWHS001Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCOM002Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBWOR203Work effectively with others
- SITXCCS006Provide service to customers
- SITHIND002Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXHRM001Coach others in job skills
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHKOP001Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXINV001Receive and store stock
- SITXINV002Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXFIN001Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB002Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB005Prepare and serve espresso coffee
After More Information?
Both formal and informal skills, knowledge and experience may be recognised
Hair bun - Graduate
SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality